Sunday 22 June 2014

Vitality

You are what you eat!
So I watched an amazing documentary called "fat, sick and nearly dead"
It really opened my eyes to food and health.
Now I've lost and gained weight all my life. At my biggest I was 16 stone and not happy with it at all, so I drastically dieted and managed to drop 4 stone quickly, which whole I've managed in whole to keep off, it's crept back on slowly.
Drinking no alcohol and living with someone that doesn't eat meat has surely helped, but now I've really decided to take a lesson from the film and start juicing.
The basic lesson from the film is that the more processed a food is, the less nutrients it has and the more calories are packed into a small space, so it takes more to fill you up. By juicing, you pack in the nutrients and it fills you up with less calories.
So far I've not eaten food since last night, and had 3 juices of at least 5 fruit and veg  and I tell you, I can really feel the benefit! Feels good!
I'll keep you updated!

Update: 30/06/14:

We've also gone Vegan! 
It wasn't a huge step, but a clear one. In the year 2014, there is simply no need to kill things in order to live, and in fact, it is killing things for food that is killing us! Think about all of the foods you know are bad for you, that are high calorie and low nutritional value and I bet you they contain animal products. 
Part of living a healthy balanced life is being aware of what is going on around you, and how you can impact that. I won't go massive into it, as there is so much online that says it better than a one week vegan can, but the jist is, the way we eat currently is killing animals, businesses, the planet and ourselves. It's time to stop. 
Also, it's really fecking good for you, and most vegan food is amazing. Try sweetened soy in coffee, trust me its amazing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment